Podcast Episode #: 37
What is conscious service and how does it apply in my life?
Interview with: Elizabeth Bishop, BA, MA, PhD student with 40 years in Human Services and 30+ years as an Instructor at the Post-Secondary level
In this episode we explore:
What is the Conscious Service Approach
- Who you are, your credentials, why you do what you do?
- A couple of definitions first:
- What is self-care?
- What is service?
- How do these two seemingly conflicting things fit together?
- How can service be an expression of love without “costing” the person who is serving?
- Self-care AT work (not just after work). Recharging AT work…
- What is “Conscious Service”?
- Talk a bit about “us” and “them”
- What to leave people with today?
Contact Elizabeth here
Elizabeth’s Book: Conscious Service: Ten Ways to Reclaim Your Calling, Move Beyond Burnout, and Make a Difference without Sacrificing Yourself. Get it here
Breathwork colleague: Madeleine Eames
DISCLAIMER: All of the information provided in the podcast is provided by Mynd Myself for your general knowledge only. All the Website Information (including the information in this podcast) is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition… READ MORE